Mowing season is over for now. With the third snow of the year, it is time to make sure that you are ready with the snowblower and shovel. The most recent purchase that you made from the local Kubota dealer will be retired until spring when the grass begins to grow again. The mower package deals that they had at the beginning of last summer were too good to pass up, so you made an investment that creating a fun reason for mowing the lawn once a week. In fact, the Kubota dealers in the area were offering such good prices that you were one of just many people on the street who made a new purchase.
Winter chores are not as time consuming as the weekly maintenance of keeping track of a yard, but if you want to be able to be as effective as possible you want to make sure that you have a snow blower that works as well as your mower.
Home Owners Rely on a Number of Kinds of Equipment to Maintain Their Property
Although we are a long ways from the days when the majority of the country relies on agriculture for a living, it is important to realize that there are still many times when people want to have the right equipment to maintain their yards and landscaping.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the lawn mowing industry and the impact that it and other agricultural pursuits have on the economy of the nation:
- With 580,000 Alabamians working on farms, agriculture is the largest industry in the state, although numbers can vary from one state to the next.
- 90% of Americans indicate that they prefer to live in homes surrounded by grass lawns.
- Golf greens need to be mowed every day to maintain the recommended length of 0.100 to 0.125 inches.
- The landscaping industry employs nearly 1 million people in America.
- 99% of American farms are owned by families.
- After developing and commercializing Japan’s first farm tractor, Kubota has been making agricultural equipment since 1890.
As Americans stow away their mowers for the winter and focus on snow removing equipment, it is important to make sure that the summer mowing equipment is well maintained so that it is ready in the spring.