This was the kind of three day weekend vacation that makes you want a vacation from all of the festivities. After three long days at the lake, you are hoping to find the energy to get back to the office and be productive. Your family loves to spend time together at the lake and the combination of the newly refurbished boat and the two large aqua mats meant that everyone was out on the water most of the time.
In the past the boat always had to come clear back to the dock or the beach to pick up and exchange new passengers, but with the aqua mats getting on and off the boat was much easier. So much fun and so much time on the water, however, means that everyone is far more tired than normal.
Lake Days Are Both Fun and Exhausting
Whether you are looking for easy to maintain boat flooring options like snap in boat carpet or one of the latest large aqua mats, it can take a lot of work to make sure that you can get things ready for a long summer weekend celebration. In addition to making sure that the boat is in good repair hosts also have to make sure that there are plenty of plans in place to make sure that everyone is both entertained and safe. New boat carpet helps to make sure that there is safe footing for everyone on board and aqua mats help to make sure that there is a safe place to rest without having to tread water.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the boating industry and the impact that it has on the way people spend their summers and success of the nation’s economy:
- 95% of all Americans live within an hour’s drive of a navigable body of water.
- 95% of the boats on the water in America are 26 feet or less, according to the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA).
- 49.81 million is the number of fishermen and anglers in America today, some of whom spend their times on the boat.
- More than 87 million U.S. adults participate in recreational boating today.
- 9% of Americans currently considering taking up fishing, according to the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation and the Outdoor Foundation report.
- 38% of Americans are interested in fishing as a form of stress release, according to the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation and the Outdoor Foundation report.
This is just the beginning of the summer, but there are many people who made sure that they got the boat out on Memorial Weekend. Making plans for these fun days, however, require careful attention to detail and a lot of hard work.